Halo Waypoint app on Windows Phone, iOS, Android this week, offers real-time tracking
by Xav de Matos, shacknews.com, Dec 8, 2011 2:00PM PST
Microsoft's Halo Waypoint app launches on December 10 for Windows Phone 7, iOS, and Android devices. It also offers an optional feature dubbed 'ATLAS.' The premium add-on will tap directly into a user's Halo: Reach or Halo Anniversary matches to provide real-time data during ongoing games.
"ATLAS, or Assisted Tactical Assault System, is a companion experience that provides near-real-time player data and tactical guidance for your Halo: Reach and Halo: Anniversary Multiplayer gameplay," a post on Microsoft's official Halo site revealed.
- Halo Waypoint's 'ATLAS' feature, includes:
- Weapon and vehicle spawn locations for Matchmaking and Firefight games
- Health pack locations
- Near-real-time locations for weapons and vehicles during Custom Multiplayer games
- Your location and that of your team members displayed on the map
- 'Follow me' mode to track your movement
- Dynamic player list, including current score for the teams and each player and equipped weapon for you and your teammates
It sounds like black magic to us, but we're interested to see how the application works out. Bungie helped standardize detailed game stat tracking, so additional applications with these types of features can help set new standards for the industry.
For a detailed list of features and additional info, check out the Halo Waypoint blog. 'ATLAS' will be available for an additional $4.99.