Kinect Sports: Season 2 gets free monthly updates, starting now
by Jeff Mattas, shacknews.com, Nov 7, 2011 12:00PM PST
The "#1" in the title should make it clear that this is the first in a series of add-ons for Rare's motion game. According to Xbox, "new game add-ons will be made available each and every month through Spring 2012, with each release including some kind of free content."
All of the new challenges will be playable in both Quick Play and Challenge Play game modes, and focus on activities relating to baseball, football, darts, golf, skiing, and tennis.
- Baseball: Frantic Fielder – Oil up your mitt and get ready for action! "Frantic Fielder" for Baseball gives all new meaning to playing catch. Fielding an endless stream of balls from a lineup of mascots tests everything from hand-eye coordination to speed. The more you catch the harder it gets – three misses and you're OUT!
- Darts: Smart Shot – Exercise the brain and throwing arm simultaneously with "Smart Shot" for Darts. If hitting the bulls-eye wasn't challenge enough, try competing against the clock with mathematical puzzles that require a sharp mind and even sharper aim.
- Football: Crazy Kicker – As the star kicker in "Crazy Kicker" for Football, you'll discover the challenge of making a 40-yard field goal with all eyes watching. Account for factors like distance and wind to line up your shot perfectly and score! The crowd and mascots will cheer you on with every amazing goal.
- Golf: Champion Chip – "Champion Chip" for Golf takes the short game to a new level. Chip shots become increasingly challenging from different surfaces, distances, and with natural obstacles like wind steering the course.
- Skiing: Cool Ringings – Swoosh down the slopes with a license for speed, dodging mascots and ringing the cowbells for extra points in "Cool Ringings" for Skiing. Five different courses help players build their ski legs just in time for ski season.
- Tennis: Rapid Returner – Breaking a sweat is easy with "Rapid Returner" for Tennis, where mascots serve up a variety of zingers at increasing speeds to the forehand, backhand, net and baseline. If you're looking for the ultimate Tennis training game, grab your racquet for and get ready for action.
The add-on is nearly 300MB large, so make sure you clear up some space on your HDD before you download!