Gears of War 3 'Horde Command Pack' DLC coming November
by Alice O'Connor, shacknews.com, Oct 4, 2011 6:45AM PDT
With Gears of War 3 out the door and selling jolly well indeed, the downloadable content machine is grinding into life for Lancer lovers in need of more. Developer Epic and publisher Microsoft today announced the first hefty add-on, the Horde Command Pack, which will arrive in November.
The Horde Command Pack brings three new maps, including a revamp of of Gears of War 2 map Blood Drive, plus new fortification upgrades, and more.
Arriving on November 1, the Horde Command Pack will cost $10 (800 Microsoft Points); it is included with the DLC Season Pass.
The DLC adds three new characters: Onyx Guard, Big Rig Dizzy, and Bernie. In addition, you'll have access to two new weapon skins: Team Plasma and Jungle Camo. But here's the most important stuff:
- Blood Drive – The Jacinto Medical Plaza was overwhelmed by evacuated citizens after the government-sanctioned Hammer Strikes, and the ensuing riots quickly turned this safe haven into a dangerous inferno. An abundance of high ground and funneled choke points make this map a returning favorite to Horde.
- Rustlung – Once the pride of the Royal Tyran Navy, the foredecks of this decommissioned battleship are now riddled with bullet holes. Any team with the fortitude to hold the exposed central torpedo bay will find that the ship's Loader has been replaced with a battle-ready Silverback mech suit.
- Azura – This island resort was once the exclusive domain of Sera's educated elite, but the tranquil water gardens and lush foliage have become a hotly contested combat zone. Dual snipers overlook a powerful explosive weapon, while the defensive central platform may be your last resort of retreat.
- Command Center – A brand new type of fortification that allows you to call in fire support from sniper teams, mortar strikes and even multiple Hammers of Dawn.
- Decoy Upgrade – A new fortification level that turns your decoy into an Onyx Guard bot that will fight in your defense.
- Sentry Upgrade – This upgrade adds a fire bolt sentry that deals much more damage and is very effective against Berserkers.
- Silverback Upgrade – This advancement allows you to upgrade your Silverback exo-suit with devastating rockets and extra levels of repair cost reduction.
And yes, there are new achievements too, worth 250G, you silly Gamerscore chasers.