L.A. Noire 'Rockstar Pass' DLC out today
by Alice O'Connor, shacknews.com, May 31, 2011 6:00AM PDT
L.A. Noire publisher Rockstar has revealed a bulging downloadable content release schedule for Team Bondi's detective thriller, kicking off today with a bargain bumper pack collecting several new cases and other goodies.
Four new cases, two new suits and a new challenge are coming over the coming weeks and months, which you can get all together in a $10 (800 Microsoft Points) 'Rockstar Pass.' This'll save you 50% on the cost of buying it all individually, which you can always still do if you're a bit wonky in the head. Come June 14, however, the price of a Rockstar Pass will be raised to $12 (960 MSP), so best buy now.
There's also a 'Chicago Piano' machine gun now available for free, if for some strange reason you think Noire needs more firepower.
Bought separately, the new cases will cost $4 (320 MSP) each, the Badge Pursuit Challenge is $2 (160 MSP), and the suits are $1 (80MSP) each. The "Nicholson Electroplating Disaster" case will be free to those who snapped up a code at the Best Buy launch but, honestly, even then it'll still be cheaper to buy the Rockstar Pass if you're getting it all.
The first round of DLC is on sale now on the Xbox Live Marketplace, and will be available through the PlayStation Store once it returns this week.
Here's exactly what's coming and when:
- May 31 - L.A. Noire Rockstar Pass (limited-time discount price)
- May 31 - "The Naked City" DLC case
- May 31 - "A Slip of The Tongue" DLC case
- May 31 - Broderick Detective Suit and Gun
- May 31 - Sharpshooter Detective Suit and Gun
- May 31 - The Badge Pursuit Challenge
- May 31 - Chicago Piano Machine Gun (free community unlock)
- June 14 - L.A. Noire Rockstar Pass (standard price)
- June 21 - "Nicholson Electroplating Disaster" DLC case
- July 12 - "Reefer Madness" DLC case
If you've yet to give L.A. Noire a bash, give our review a whirl.