Spin the Bottle: Bumpie's Party gets new mini-games on February 13
by Ozzie Mejia, shacknews.com, Jan 25, 2014 1:00PM PST
Indie developer Knapnok Games has completed work on a new update for Spin the Bottle: Bumpie's Party. The unique physical party game for Wii U is set to add a fresh batch of new mini-games on February 13, free to current owners of the game. And as promised at IndieCade, these new challenges will utilize the GamePad's camera.
A photo update on the game's Facebook page indicates that the six mini-games will also utilize the GamePad's gyroscope, face and smile detection, touch screen, and control sticks. These are the games you'll be playing:
- Act like an Animal - The GamePad shows the picture of an animal. One player must mimic the animal, while that player's partner will have to guess the animal.
- Put your Hat on - The GamePad camera searches the room for virtual hats placed in the air. The player must position themselves underneath the virual hat, as their partner grabs a picture.
- Footie Ball - Just as it sounds, kick a ball with the aid of the GamePad.
- Don't Laugh - Two players play against the audience, as they must look into the camera and avoid laughing. If the audience makes the players laugh, the camera will detect it and take a picture.
- Body Twister - A classic game of Twister using the GamePad touch screen.
- Nature Photographer - Two players hold the GamePad simultaneously, shoulder-to-shoulder. They must coordinate to search for a butterfly in the room and snap a picture.
The update will also feature additions that allow players to toggle how much is shown on the television screen, as well as some bug fixes. Spin the Bottle: Bumpie's Party is available now for $8.99 on the Nintendo eShop, but the price will increase to $11.99 once the update arrives on February 13.