IndieCade 2013 Award Winners
by Ozzie Mejia, shacknews.com, Oct 7, 2013 6:00AM PDT
IndieCade 2013 featured 36 award finalists, with the event's winners announced on Thursday evening. The event also announced three more winners (Audience Choice, Media Choice, and Developer's Choice) during Sunday evening's closing ceremonies.
The big winner was Quadrilateral Cowboy from Blendo Games, which won IndieCade's Grand Jury Award. This top prize is decided by a panel of jurors who recognize a specific game for overall excellence. Other winners include Nevernaut Games' 2v2 capture the flag game SlashDash taking the Audience Choice Award, Matt Thorson's TowerFall winning the Media Choice Award, and the 5-on-5 arcade cabinet Joust homage Killer Queen taking Developer's Choice honors.
You can check out the full criteria for each award at IndieCade's website.
- Grand Jury Award - Quadrilateral Cowboy (Blendo Games)
- Audience Choice Award - SlashDash (Nevernaut Games)
- Media Choice Award - TowerFall (Matt Thorson)
- Developer Choice Award - Killer Queen (Joshua DeBonis & Nikita Mikros)
- Trailblazer Award - Tracy Fullertron (Spiderdance Inc., Director of the USC Game Innovation Lab)
- Special Recognition Award - Porpentine's Twine Compilation (Porpentine)
- Technology Award - Spin the Bottle: Bumpie's Party (KnapNok Games)
- Interaction Award - Spaceteam (Sleeping Beast Games)
- Game Design Award - Nidhogg (Messhof)
- Impact Award - Dog Eat Dog (Liwanag Press)
- Story/Word Design Award - Kentucky Route Zero (Cardboard Computer)
- Visual Design Award - Kentucky Route Zero (Cardboard Computer)
- Audio Design Award - Gone Home (The Fullbright Company)