1666 'suspended' following Désilets termination
by Steve Watts, shacknews.com, May 15, 2013 3:30PM PDT
Ubisoft has confirmed that 1666, the project that was formerly headed up by Assassin's Creed director Patrice Désilets, has been put on hold. During an earnings call today, company CEO Yves Guillemot said the game is "suspended for an undisclosed period of time."
This follows just after Désilets was terminated, and IGN reports that Guillemot also addressed the elephant in the room directly by talking about the termination. "After more than two months of discussions with him, we couldn't align our vision both on product development and team management so consequently our collaboration has ended," he said.
Désilets started work on 1666 at THQ Montreal after he left Ubisoft in 2010. Ubisoft acquired the Montreal studio at auction, and last week released a statement that Désilets had "left the studio," seemingly amicably. Before long, Désilets himself chimed in with a much different account, saying hhe had been fired and "escorted out of the building."