Borderlands 2 patch bringing more ammo and storage space upgrades
by Alice O'Connor, shacknews.com, Mar 29, 2013 1:15PM PDT
A new 'Ultimate Vault Hunter' difficulty mode is coming to Borderlands 2 for free in a patch alongside the not-free level cap-raising DLC 'Ultimate Vault Hunter Upgrade Pack' DLC on April 2, Gearbox announced last week. But wait, there's more! It's since announced that the patch will bring a few other nice extras too, including more storage upgrades.
- Adds new items to the Black Market:
- One additional ammo upgrade for each ammo type, at 50 Eridium each.
- Two more backpack storage space upgrades, at 50 and 100 Eridium respectively.
- Two more bank storage space upgrades, at 50 and 100 Eridium respectively.
- Increases the maximum amount of Eridium players can hold from 99 to 500.
- Adds a new playthrough balanced for top-tier play: Ultimate Vault Hunter Mode.
- Various bug fixes.
While everyone will be able to play Ultimate Vault Hunter Mode, one imagines it'll be a mite tricky without the extra ten character levels and new Pearlescent tier of gear the $5 DLC (free to Season Pass holders!) will add. I suspect some plucky Bordermaniacs will try to fight through for a challenge, though.