Late Night Computing: January 29, 2013
by Tyler J. Smith, shacknews.com, Jan 29, 2013 5:00PM PST
January 29, 2013, and this is your Late Night Computing for Tuesday.
One week until Dead Space 3 launches. As much as I'm anticipating this game, the marketing has really left a bitter taste in my mouth. Dead Space and Dead Space 2 have some particularly great music, with the credits song in the second sticking in my head for quite some time. Will Dead Space 3 continue the trend? I'll let you know next week!
- CCP Manifest, the EVE Online Public Relations and Social Media Fleet Commander, takes to EVE Insider to discuss the massive fleet battles from last weekend. [via Den of Geek]
- Will men 'fall apart' if a female compatriot is killed in combat? Seems there is no scientific evidence that says yes. [via Popular Science]
- Youtube is set to roll out paid subscriptions coming Spring 2013, with initial fees between $1.00 and $5.00. [via AdAge]
- The Accessibility Project aims to help web developers make their content more accessible for all users. [via A11Project]
- Google and Microsoft argue in-favor of immigration reform as President Obama and a cadre of politicians being to make a political push. [via TheNextWeb]
Chatty posts of the moment:
Make sure you log-in and check your filters if you can't see the following:
- "How would LAN parties work back in the day? I never went to one. From what I understand, your mom drops you off at around 6 PM, there is a lot of pizza and soda, you play games until 4 AM until you crash and then your mom picks you up in the morning. No girls allowed. If this is how it went down I am insanely jealous (not kidding)." [by The Grolar Bear]
- "Update to my Ubisoft Support problems from yesterday. They blocked my ability to post on their Facebook page. Please note, I only posted my problem once on FB and once on Twitter. I did call twice." [by amrbean]
Synergies mod version 1.46 for Torchlight 2. "SynergiesMOD is a complete conversion for Torchlight 2! Adding 108 Elite monsters, 6 Rare dragons, 28 Raid dungeons, 11 unique World Bosses, 4 Sets of Legendary Armor, 16 new Tier-1 Legendary Weapons, brand new Quest lines, a new World hub for ACT5, and a whole new class: The Necromancer. Future plans include 24 planned Classes, 3 more Raid Dungeon chains, 2 Quest hubs, 2 more ACTS of overworld play, 3 more Legendary Armor sets, a second tier of legendary weapons, as well as fleshing out the tier1 weapons with more options! The mod is aggressively developed and the community is being built around inclusion and discussion on our Website, Steam group and Facebook pages." Download the mod here.
Dungeonland launch trailer:
Paradox Interactive and Critical Studio release Dungeonland into the wild, allowing players to create their very own ghastly medieval theme park.
Gazillion Entertainment ends the day with a Marvel Heroes developer diary, a character exploration trailer for Omerta - City of Gangsters, automated soldiers come to Battlefield Heroes, celebrate the All Points Bulletin: Reloaded one year anniversary with two trailers, DC Universe Online launches the Home Turf expansion, Serious Sam Double D XXL examines its numerous weapons, and Crysis 3 opens its multiplayer beta with a new gameplay trailer.