Late Night Computing: January 21, 2013
by Tyler J. Smith, shacknews.com, Jan 21, 2013 5:00PM PST
January 21, 2013 is GONE. GONE I say. And here's another Late Night Computing as its eulogy.
Here's to another disappearing Monday. Did anyone partake in the double XP weekend for MechWarrior Online? Most of my Saturday and Sunday play time went into purchasing upgrades for my Atlas and Centurion variations, since they're the two I seem to play the least. Now I have an embarrassment of riches on the XP side of things, but extremely few C-bills to purchase equipment with. Maybe this weekend should be a double C-bill weekend? What do you say, Piranha?
- Two more professional players are banned by Riot Games from competing in League of Legends due to their behavior. [via League of Legends]
- Can't wait for Research in Motion's (RIMM) BlackBerry 10 reveal on January 30, 2013? Have a look at 100 new screenshots. Ok, RIMM, you have my attention. [via BGR]
- After five years, Fringe aired its final episode Friday night. Here's why its ending signifies a sad, new era for televised science fiction. [via Wired]
- Watch out for this new malware, which poses as a new Java update after recent security issues. [via Geek]
- Want to know if a new movie will be a hit or a miss? Here's a mathematical model to help! Game publishers might want to look into this. [via Diginfo]
Chatty posts of the moment:
Make sure you log-in and check your filters if you can't see the following:
- "MONDAY DISCUSSION Timeless Videogames. Last week we talked about being an adult with a passion for videogames and the affect that has on your schedule. Disclosures: For the sake of this discussion, when I say 'timeless videogames' I mean games you can pick up generations later and its still fun to you, still looks great, and you can most likely beat it. And by 'generations later' I mean an Xbox game being all of these things, even though we're in the Xbox 360 generation. Or an NES generation game being timeless to you while we're in the PS3/Xbox360 generation." [by eonix]
- "You guys were right. Journey would probably have gotten my GOTY vote had I played it earlier. There are so many stories I want to tell about how my interactions with my buddy went but I bet I would just be repeating what everyone else has already experienced. It was nothing short of breathtaking almost every step of the way." [by OverloadUT]
Medal War's: Keiser's Revenge demo 1.0. "Enter a world of epic battles as one man overcomes his fate to become the greatest soldier ever! Medal Wars: Keisers Revenge is a comedy action RPG game for PC. Featuring crazy humour combined with fast-paced action, Medal Wars is like nothing you've played before. But maybe that's a good thing! Prepare yourself for Medal Wars!" Download the free demo for Windows here.
Halo 4 Spartan Ops Episode 6:
Halo 4 re-engages the Spartan Ops program with the full cinematic for Episode 6.