Late Night Computing: November 30, 2012
by Tyler J. Smith, shacknews.com, Nov 30, 2012 5:30PM PST
Jerks, it's time for the weekend. So stop reading Late Night Computing for November 30, 2012 from work.
Hurray, the weekend! I've got lots of climbing to do in Assassin's Creed Brotherhood, which I intend to finish before getting my paws on Far Cry 3 early next week, and plan to spend some time with Hotline: Miami and MechWarrior Online. I haven't hopped into my thunderous robot since the last patch, so it's time to play with the new camouflage options. What are you all playing?
- The founder of the wonderful Khan Academy proposes a new type of college for this century. [via Chronicle of Higher Education]
- Why is it that tech companies consistently dominate lists detailing the best places to work? Find out. [via ReadWriteWeb]
- Why telling a story, truthful or not, helps to activate important parts of your brain. Start conjuring up some new fan-fiction! [via BufferApp]
- Where, exactly, did Cyber Monday originate? Will it continue to be so prominent in the future? [via Inc.]
- Flexible screens are on the horizon as manufacturers gear up for 2013. CES should be rather interesting next year. [via BBC]
Chatty posts of the moment.
Make sure you log-in and check your filters if you can't see the following:
- "A few days ago I made a thread asking what everybody's personal GOTY list was but today I'm interested in hearing what was everybody's biggest, most profound gaming disappointment in 2012. I expect to see a lot of ME3 and D3 responses but who knows, maybe we'll find someone who really didn't like Assassin's Creed 3 or that Amalur game. If you could explain your choice a little that would be great too." [by The Grolar Bear]
Black Snow 1.05 for Half-Life 2: Episode Two. "Take the role of John Matsuda, the last surviving member of the Prometheus 1 crew responding to a distress signal from Amaluuk Station, Greenland. He must find a way to escape the station while struggling against unknown malevolent forces. BLACK SNOW have been in development since early 2012 and have finally managed to release! But alas, enough talk - grab your gear and ready yourselves for a long and dark winter." Download the mod here.
Tomb Raider The Last Hours Episode 3: Sound of Survival trailer:
Jason Graves is announced as the Tomb Raider composer in the third Last Hours episode.
Miner Wars 2081 also launches with two new trailers, DUST 514 discusses vehicles once more, and Total War: Shogun 2 gets a new clan pack.