Late Night Computing: November 19, 2012
by Tyler J. Smith, shacknews.com, Nov 19, 2012 5:00PM PST
Monday, November 19, 2012 with Late Night Computing is here, and it's a short week for most of you.
That's two Assassin Creed titles down for the count. Saturday and Sunday saw me glued to my television as I devoured Assassin's Creed II. The last assassination sequence seemed a bit rushed, but beyond that I completely understand the praise for the title. Assassin's Creed Brotherhood is next, though I may hold off on it until playing through the last Walking Dead episode on Wednesday. I'm really excited to see how Telltale ends the first season!
- Jimmy Fallon nerds out over the WiiU and gets a chance to play Metroid Blast in Nintendoland, and New Super Mario Bros. U with Nintendo of America president Reggie Fils-Aime. [via Late Night with Jimmy Fallon]
- Why do some massive online multiplayer role-playing games find an audience almost immediately, while others struggle to gain a foothold? The University at Buffalo School of Management believes they know the reasons. [via University at Buffalo School of Management]
- The Totally Rad show sadly comes to an end. Now where am I going to find out what's rad and what's not?[via Jeff Cannata]
- Google Trends shows the United States has more interest in Twinkies than the Israel/Gaza conflict. [via Virtusmachina]
Chatty posts of the moment.
Make sure you log-in and check your filters if you can't see the following:
- "What was the first videogame you remember playing?" [by niceguynick]
- "The Chris Robert's PC game is in the final 4 hours of it's crowdfunding drive, and has surpassed $5.7M raised. Last night, it passed the $5.5M mark, unlocking the seemingly impossible stretch goal of adding player-flyable carriers to the game. At this point, all major stretch goals as far as unique things being unlocked have been hit - and watching the live stream, Chris Roberts seems genuinely humbled by the response. The $6M stretch goal will add 100 systems to the Star Citizen open-world game (30 more than Privateer), a full orchestral score, and the first mission disk for Squadron 42 will be free. " [by trOmblyj]
Spud's Quest demo 1.0. "Spud's Quest is a puzzle adventure game for Windows that draws it's inspiration from retro classics like the Dizzy series, The Legend of Zelda, and Metroid. The game is currently about 70% complete. Players take on the role of Spud and his friend Prince Charming, who has been cursed by an evil wizard and turned into a frog. The pair set on a journey to uncover four ancient stones that have the power to banish the evil and remove the curse." Download the free demo for Windows.
DmC: Devil May Cry goes behind the scenes with a second developer diary:
Tune-in and watch the penultimate episode of Playing Dead for The Walking Dead, Batman: Arkham City Armored Edition shows off its WiiU launch trailer, Epic Mickey 2: The Power of Two launches with a trailer of its own, Madden NFL 2013 debuts a sizzle trailer for the WiiU, and Manic Missions come to the Tropico 4 Gold Edition.