Late Night Computing: November 14, 2012
by Tyler J. Smith, shacknews.com, Nov 14, 2012 5:00PM PST
November 14, 2012 saw the new Grand Theft Auto V trailer turn some heads. What did you think? Have you picked your jaw up off the floor yet? Watch it again at the end of Late Night Computing.
Two hours into Assassin's Creed II, and Ezio is already so much more developed than his Assassin's Creed conspirator Altair. I've heard the sequel is right at the top of the series, so its time to buckle down and take my time with the game. An engrossing story is exactly what I wanted to play over Thanksgiving next week!
- Star Citizen reaches its $3.5 million unlock level, with only a few days left for you to get into the game early. [via Robert's Space Industries]
- XCOM: Enemy Unknown has infuriated all of us with its sometimes incredulous hit-percentage system. But how random is it, really? Nate Silver might need to chime in. [via Sinepost]
- Star Trek: The Next Generation has never looked better, as we get our first look at season 2 Blu-ray captures. Oh, hello U.S.S. Stargazer. [via Dark Horizons]
- Unemployed, and looking for a new position? Facebook launches a nifty new social jobs application. [via CNN]
- Massively online multiplayer worlds can be a "double-edged sword" for gamers with Autism, sometimes causing a complete withdraw from social life rather than supplementing it. [via Wired]
Chatty posts of the moment.
Make sure you log-in and check your filters if you can't see the following:
- "Most of the big games are out now, but we do have a Wii U launch next week"
Seriously there's no fanfare or marketing for this thing at all. You would have no idea there's a new console coming. Normally there's dozens of threads, ads everywhere, articles everywhere, ultra hype. " [by abrasion]
- "At risk of getting a bunch of people hating on COD, I would like to say that Black Ops 2 is a blast. I skipped MW3, but I am completely and utterly addicted to this one. I think one of my favorite new aspects of it is the 10 point "budget" you get for outfitting your class. I think it will lead to a lot more variety in play style. 3 attachments on a primary weapon is neat. Also rolling with 6 perks and no grenades can make things interesting as well. Put about 6.5 hours in yesterday and can't wait to go home and play some more." [by mwasher]
Celestial Mechanica free game 1.0. "As some would call a surprise collaboration; Roger Hicks (rComplex) and Paul Veer (animator of Super Crate Box) have teamed up to tell the story of "Celestial Mechanica." Celestial Mechanica delivers a mixture of action, puzzle, exploration and adventure while sporting the awesome "pixely-goodness" you've come to expect from Paul Veer and "sexy ear candy" from Roger Hicks." Download the free game for Windows or Mac.
Grand Theft Auto V second official trailer trailer:
Explore more of the insanely detailed world of Grand Theft Auto V with the second official.