Arma 2 patch helps fix Day Z crashes
by Alice O'Connor, shacknews.com, Jul 25, 2012 9:00AM PDT
If Day Z has been a little too crashy for your liking, rejoice, for Arma 2 patch 1.62 has arrived with changes which developer Bohemia says "make zombie hunts much less prone to crashes and should improve server stability." Given that the smash hit mod has a whole new audience buying the military sim, it's only natural that it should get a little extra care and attention.
The full changelog is on the Bohemia forums, but here are the highlights:
- Multiplayer optimizations, security and server improvements
- Overall stability was improved with numerous tweaks and fixes
- Added new video options (Post-Process Anti-Aliasing, Alpha To Coverage)
- Additional AI improvements and numerous bug fixes
- Resolved issues with several training missions
- Added a lot of new script commands for content makers
You can download patch 1.62 here at Shacknews, but Steam users will need to wait for that edition to update automatically.
Day Z is such a romper-stomper of a success, with over 850,000 players, that it's looking to go standalone, perhaps even this year.