June NPD: Lego Batman 2, Future Soldier top the charts
by Steve Watts, shacknews.com, Jul 13, 2012 7:30AM PDT
Even after all these iterations, licensed Lego games are still a hot item. Lego Batman 2: DC Super Heroes topped the NPD charts for the month of June, beating out Ghost Recon: Future Soldier. It probably helps that the little brick Caped Crusader appeared on roughly twice as many platforms as most other games in the month. Diablo III had an impressive third place showing, despite being on only one platform.
Total game sales hit almost $700M, but that's a loss of 29 percent over the same period last year. The biggest hit came to hardware sales, which suffered a 45 percent slump. For software, keep in mind that these are retail sales, so Diablo's success may have been more on the digital side.
- Lego Batman 2: DC Super Heroes (360, Wii, PS3, NDS, 3DS, PSV, PC)
- Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon: Future Soldier (360, PS3, PC)
- Diablo III (PC)
- Max Payne 3 (360, PS3, PC)
- NBA 2K12 (360, PS3, Wii, PSP, PS2, PC)
- Batman Arkham City (360, PS3, PC)
- Pokemon Conquest (NDS)
- Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 (360, PS3, Wii, PC)
- Battlefield 3 (360, PS3, PC)
- The Amazing Spider-Man (360, PS3, 3DS, NDS, Wii)