Theatrhythm Final Fantasy launches with DLC
by Andrew Yoon, shacknews.com, Jul 3, 2012 1:00PM PDT
Nintendo fans have long missed out on the opportunity to pay for DLC. Thankfully, Square Enix is finally giving 3DS players a chance at joining the for-pay add-on craze that's sweeping the industry. Theatrhythm Final Fantasy launches in stores today, and it already includes a number of additional songs for purchase.
Eight additional songs are available to purchase from the in-game store. According to IGN, each track will be available for 99 cents. The lineup includes:
- Battle Theme 1 (Final Fantasy II)
- The Final Battle (Final Fantasy IV)
- Fighters of the Crystal (Final Fantasy XI)
- Fighting Fate (Final Fantasy XIII)
- In Search of Light (Final Fantasy V)
- Cosmo Canyon (Final Fantasy VII)
- Ride On (Final Fantasy VIII)
- A Fleeting Dream (Final Fantasy X)
While Square Enix may have beaten Nintendo to the DLC punch, Nintendo isn't too far behind. New Super Mario Bros 2 will be the first game from the Japanese publisher to ever feature for-pay add-on content.