NeverDead DLC packs playable pop-idol
by Alice O'Connor, shacknews.com, Feb 8, 2012 7:45AM PST
NeverDead publisher Konami promised back in December that there'd be downloadable content, and though Rebellion's supernatural shooter has received thoroughly average reviews, it's sticking to that. The snappily-named 'Expansion Pack Volume 1' will bring goodies including the opportunity to play as "the fashionable, charismatic pop-idol, Nikki Summerfield." Lovely.
The DLC will launch on February 21. Konami hasn't confirmed the price, but here's what you'll get:
- New Character: Play as the fashionable, charismatic pop-idol, Nikki Summerfield in cooperative challenges with your friends through online multiplayer.
- Three New Gameplay Challenges - Revisit an expanded Asylum level with 3 all-new challenges:
- Egg Hunt: Scour the expanded Asylum level for collectables scoring points by delivering them to designated "Score Zones." Make sure to hold on tight to your collectibles as opponents can snatch any that you drop along the way. With enemy ambush points and environmental hazards at every turn, this challenge is tricky!
- Fragile Alliance: A competitive race through a number of checkpoints spread across the map. You can interrupt other player's progress by attacking each other. The increase of environmental hazards and enemy spawn points will keep you on your toes.
- Onslaught: Unlock the entire Asylum level section-by-section by defeating all enemies.. Demon-seals that block off areas will dissipate as you defeat enemies from the previous area, providing more-controlled player movement and encounters.
- Two Additional Character Costumes: Dress Bryce up in these new costumes before going back into the online fray.
NeverDead launched for Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 on January 31 to largely indifferent reviews.