Gran Turismo 5 2.02 patch and 'Car Pack 2' DLC available next week
by Xav de Matos, shacknews.com, Dec 14, 2011 1:00PM PST
Sony has revealed details on the second round of DLC for the PlayStation 3-exclusive driving sim Gran Turismo 5 today. Launching next week is the aptly-named "Car Pack 2," which features the 2011 Mini Cooper S, 2010 Volkswagen Golf VI R, 2010 Volkswagen Scirocco R, and the new and improved 2012 Nissan GT-R Black edition R35.
As a special gift to "anyone who purchased anything from the first batch of DLC," Sony is offering a free unlock for the Gran Turismo Racing Kart 125 SP and five New Car Refresh cards. The DLC releases alongside update 2.02, which features a number of tweaks including a new "copy" feature for setting sheets and changes to the game's user interface.
According to the PlayStation Blog, players that download the 2.02 update will also receive the Toyota FT-86 2012 to add to their in-game collection.
Here are some of the updates in patch 2.02:
- Users can now change wheels on Standard cars
- The settings sheets will include a new 'copy' feature
- In GT Auto, players will be able to see how the oil changes, aerodynamic parts, engine overhauls, and racing modifications will affect performance points and engine power, before and after their application
- Free coupons have been added that allow you to wash cars, change oil, overhaul your engine, or refresh the car body in GT Auto (10 coupons will be distributed for free to each of those who have downloaded the 2.02 update)
- Pressing the Square button in the car coupon selection screen of the Car Delivery will now allow you to exchange all car coupons at once, rather than doing one at a time
- In screens where the [Garage] and [Driver List] buttons are displayed in the A/B Spec events, Special Events, and Seasonal Events, pressing the Square button will now show the [Garage], and pressing the Triangle button will bring up the drivers list
- In My Lounge, the room settings will feature a new 'Max. number of participants' setting
- In the event selection screen of seasonal events, there are now star marks that show the number of Gold Trophies attained in each event
- Improved racing sound effects
- Elements of the steering assist controls (used when using certain controllers on Racing Karts) have been tweaked