Theatre of War offers a fresh take on the WWII Real-Time Strategy genre by combining the look, feel, sounds and historical elemnts of the era to create the ultimate warfare simulation – delivered by the developer os the award-winning IL-2 Sturmovik and the makers of the best-selling Combat Mission series. Over 40 missions spread across five campaingns (US-British Allies, Soviet, German, French and Polish), along with 13 additional scenarios that collectively offer a richly challenging combat experience. A "roll your own" mission and battle map editor fther expand gameplay, allowing players to recreate virtually any battl of the Second World War.
- Five historical campaigns containing more than 40 missions, each with a “who’s who” of historical units and equipment – from the arsenal of the American/British, Soviet, German, French and Polish militaries.
- More than 30 different maps, designed using historical military documents and covering a variety of seasons, weather contiditions and environments.
- Soldiers gain experience and new skills, medals, pormotions and decorations as they progress through the campaigns. As they improve, so does their combat capability.
- Command a huge assortment of units, uniforms, equipment and vehicles: hundreds of differenct unit types including tanks, AT guns, support vehicles, aritllery, aricraft, specialized infantry, and many others.
- Create you own maps from scratch to create new challenges, or fine-tune battles to your interpretation fo therir historical counterparts.
- Battle against one of the most daunting AI-controlled armies, or fight online against the best human armcharir generals for ultimate bragging rights.