Once upon a time, early in the 22nd century, Earth was under a severe attack from Mental's minions and humankind was about to evanish. Sam `Serious` Stone, worlds bravest hero, was sent back in time to change the past and save humankind from total annihilation.
Using the ancient artifact, called the "Time-lock", left on Earth by a long-forgotten race, Sam was teleported back in time into the land of Egypt. There he discovered traces of Sirian civilization and found out about their spaceship, hidden somewhere inside the Solar system.
Notorious Mental, the immortal evil, gathered some of the nastiest creatures in universe to stop Sam. Thousands of beasts stood on Sam's way, together with giant Ugh-Zan III, vicious warlock and one of the toughest Mental's servants.
But standing in Sam's way is not a smart thing to do. After many serious battles Sam defeted Mentals army. Finally, in front of The Great Pyramid, he encountered mighty Ugh-Zan III, and won this glorious battle. From the pyramid, Sam teleported himself onto the Sirian spaceship.
And now, Serious Sam goes to Sirius. Or, maybe not?
Serious Sam: The Second Encounter, the highly anticipated arcade action FPS sequel to the Serious Sam: The First Encounter, is a high-adrenaline arcade-action shooter heavily focused on frantic arcade-style single player action. In a world where cyberpunk meets fantasy-fiction and advanced technology is mixed with black magic and psycho-powers, Sam travels through the three beautiful worlds, confronting countless Mental's minions on his way to the Mental's base.
- Various Environments and Secrets - Unleash mayhem on 3 different spectacular worlds: South America, ancient Mesopotamia and medieval Europe. Discover over 100 secrets.
- Unique Enemies and Bosses - Fight with 27 nightmarish warriors in Mental's army, including old favorites from The First Encounter like Beheaded Kamikaze, Syrian Werebull and Kleer Skeleton. Go head to head against 5 new enemies and 3 new Bosses.
- Special Weapons and Power-Ups - Wreak havoc with a huge arsenal of weapons including 3 new toys: the Sniper Rifle, Flamethrower and Chainsaw. Use Power-Ups to additionally increase your fighting and agility skills.
- Powerful 3D Technology running on majority of PC systems - Allowing play on most current PC video cards and processors, 'Serious Engine' features state of the art technology including multiple direction gravity, portals and mirrors, truly dynamic volumetric fog and haze, hyper-texturing and hyper-mapping for life-like richly detailed environments, photo-realistic lens flares with real-time lens reflections, advanced particle system, procedural textures (water, fire, smoke, plasma, electricity),photo-realistic reflections, specularity and bumps, up to 4 split screen support, easy-to-use real-time development tools, ...
- Fighting With Loads of Enemies at The Same Time (high-adrenaline arcade-feel action) - Serious Sam is filled with loads of enemies. This is possible with the latest engine technology. It is possible to have 50+ enemies in one scene, with everyone firing, running, jumping and screaming at the same time. This feature is not extensively used in any 3D action so far, because technology didn't allow it. But, with our Serious engine this is now possible. It is used primarily in open spaces, where it is possible to put hundreds of enemies in one playground.