War of factions
In S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Clear Sky, the player assumes the role of Scar, a mercenary s.t.a.l.k.e.r. In a unique mixture of first-person shooter and complex role- playing game, Scar fights for survival within the Zone and its hostile sectors. The new Zone territories are explored by s.t.a.l.k.e.r.s scattered in groups - and these individual factions soon engage in relentless battle. As a mercenary, Scar quickly finds himself in the middle of a war of factions over territory, artifacts, and power. It is up to the player to find out on whose side Scar has the greatest chance of prevailing.
Clever adversaries, luscious graphics
Just like its predecessor, Clear Sky perfectly captures the sinister atmosphere within the death Zone. DirectX 10 support enables spectacular graphics, including dynamic transitions between day and night with absolutely realistic light effects, as well as very detailed landscapes and lifelike animations. At the same time, the developers saw to it that S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Clear Sky also works with DirectX 8 and DirectX 9.
Special attention was given to realistic, independent thinking and actions of the NPCs. The artificial intelligence from the predecessor game was strongly improved, so that foes and allies now make their own situation-based decisions that impact the further course of the game. For instance, the outcome of battles is not predetermined. Only in the last few levels is the player guided towards a given end of the story, which leads to the events described in Shadow of Chernobyl.
- Unique mix of action-laden first person shooter and complex role-playing game H
- Huge game world: numerous new levels are provided, including Limansk, Red Forest, Pripyat's Underground, and many more
- Completely revised levels from S.T.A.L.K.E.R Shadow of Chernobyl
- Numerous new sub-missions with motivating rewards
- Realistic simulation of the vast S.T.A.L.K.E.R. world: rival factions battling each other, mutants that go hunting of their own accord, refugees fighting for their lives
- Many new in-game features, such as fast travel, or repairing armor and weapons
- The thrilling story of the events that preceded the globally popular million seller S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Shadow of Chernobyl is narrated in movie-quality cut scenes
- Much improved artificial intelligence of NPCs
- Complete DirectX10 support for state-of-the-art visual effects (god rays, soft water, volumetric fire, dynamic volumetric smoke, etc.)
- Dynamic day/night transitions with ultra-realistic light effects
- Detailed game graphics, including an all-new animation engine
- Greatly extended multiplayer game with many varied game modes