Developed by Remedy Entertainment and produced by 3D Realms, Max Payne is a relentless story-driven game about a man on the edge, fighting for his justice while uncovering plot-twists and twisted thugs in the gritty bowels of New York during the century's worst blizzard.
Max Payne is an original third-person 3D game based on the MAX-FX engine, and uses photo-digitized textures and radiosity lighting, resulting in one of the most realistic looking games ever seen on the PC
- Max Payne is a fugitive undercover cop, hunted by both the cops & the mob. There is no hope for Max to win in this cat-and-mouse game -- all he can do is take as many of them as he can. How he does it is up to you.
- Unique 3rd-person perspective takes into the darkest parts of New York
- Shoot it out with thugs and crooked cops in the worst blizzard in a century
- Play in Bullet Time -- slow-motion timing that lets you dodge shots
- Dark and gritty just went to a whole new level!