I have played all the Yakuza games and when I heard of this title coming out, I thought it was going to be a cheezy and cheap sub-story game. Well I was wrong! This was a great new area for the game series to jump into.
1. Story: as good as any of the other Yakuza Storylines!
2. Multi-characters: Some would rather play just as Kazuma but to be the others (especially Mejima for me!) was fresh and had new weapons to get with each new character.
3. Free roam: like GTA and games like it, you can venture off from the story and just go crazy and kill zombies that will help you level up and open up old stores and resturants.
4. Graphics: Great Graphics in this game and really makes you think you are back in Kamochuro.
5. DLC: If you use the PSN you can download alot of FREE stuff for you to use. this includes guns, ammo, perks, and dresses for your waitresses.
1. Camera Controls: Very hard to keep camera the way you need it. Once you set it and go into an area that is more narrow or has more obsstacles you basically have to let go of the camera control and then press the button again to regain a look of the initial area, and this gets real frustrating later on when you have more zombies and harder mutants breathing down your neck!
2. No Online PLAY!: One thing about any zombie game is the ability to play with another, even if it is SPLIT-SCREEN and not online. Very dissapointed when i noticed the only thing used for online is DLC and rankings.
Overall the game is very good, just work around the camera angle issues (there very few and far between) but like the Title says the game is worth a rent but with no Multiplayer it stays as a RENT ONLY!
posted by AtelierRe (VIRGINIA BEACH, VA) May 31, 2012
Member since May 2012
I love the Yakuza Series. This one is an alright addition to the series. The games takes the Yakuza characters and gameplay elements and turns it into an all-out zombie environment. The game has nothing to do with the main story line to Yakuza. The game is actually fun to play. The only downfall to me is the aiming system. It takes time to get used to the aiming and after that, the game is easy to play. Also, they should have added more melee attacks in the game. The guns are good but Yakuza is know for its hand-to-hand combat system. Other than that, the game still has the same interaction and exploration as the other Yakuza game. A great addition to the series but I will have to wait until this goes on sale for a lower price before I buy it.