gamers (100%) found this review helpful
I had to play the game at least 5 times till death just to understand how to manage my squad without loosing any. Which is still a challenge on my 15th play through. The longest I have survived is 419 days (I had to save the game 112 times) which I recommend by the way; save a lot. Save before you start a mission; save every time you accomplish a feat, like killing or capturing. (plus I recommend deleting other auto saved files; especially if you want to go back a few steps; you'll see what I mean). This game over-all for me is a 15 out of 10. I wish more people would download the FREE version offed by PS3; then I could have some competition. If your looking for some early pointers, here are a few.
1. South America is the best for beginners - autopsy's are instant and this will give you an advantage for weapons and other advancements rapidly.
1A. The United States would be the next best - I finished the mission twice by using this Country.
2. always keep a good balance of solders - about 20-24
3. not all solders with "High Will" will be eligible for Psi training (this calculation should be looked at)
4. you must care about your people
6. rookies should always carry first-aid, unless armor is available.
7. Always try to have a sniper; if not two on missions where you save people (if not a sniper; then a one of the vehicles)
8. make sure you have a full ammo clip before you go into the next battle.
9. Remember that you will loose countries no matter what you do. there will always be a consequences to your decision to help one of the three.10. remember as long as you have (1) country left; you can still accomplish the mission (just hopefully your fully developed by then).11. only two out of your stock of PSI will be 'volunteered' for the final mission. Which isn't when you raid the ship.12. try to keep your people in a cluster
this is a game of patience. I really enjoyed the two turn base strategy. now i want all other type of battle games to follow suit