"Way of the Samurai 3" has a 'weak' rating for a very good reason. This was the most confusing game I have ever played. I probably spent an hour just trying to figure out what I need to do before I gave up and looked up some walkthroughs online. Even then I was genuinely dumbfounded the entire length I played it.
The game starts you off at the ending of a battle. You're wounded, you need help. You run into some Peasants apparently scavenging the dead bodies. Then the game begins.. and you have no idea what to do. You're essentially left to run freely throughout the world with nothing telling you what to do or how you play. Talking to Peasants seems to be the only way to find out anything about this game. After talking to 10 or so random-babbling Peasants that looked exactly the same, I found my first calling. My first step to finding my purpose as a Samurai. Finding a nasty old ladies used panties on the very battlefield I was nearly killed on! What a game!
I quickly found out the type of budget "Way of the Samurai 3" was on. The gameplay has that all too familiar cheapness built into it. Bad camera angles, shoddy character movements, tacky controls and absolutely no dialogue from the main character sums up my experience. Discount graphics also plague this title if you care about that. The voice acting is terrible to point it's ridiculous. The music was probably the only moderate addition to the game. Although it's way too loud by default.
"Way of the Samurai 3" was a complete disappointment. Not implying Agetec's other titles consisted of greatness. But "Disaster Report" and "Raw Danger" were games actually worth renting and spending time playing. If you're considering renting this title, you'd might as well get into your car, cover your eyes, drive as far as you can until you crash and feel the disoriented concussion that is "Way of the Samurai 3".
This game receives alot of negative ratings, but those of us who enjoy japanese history, not perfect, but ok graphics, and extreme fighting this is for you, but most dont enjoy it, the first copy i rented was messed up, my blu ray laser went out, im gonna try and rent it again to play more, but this games worth playing, maybe not worth buying unless its -$40.00
I was all up for this game, the description read beautifully even the few cut scenes I glanced over had me curious, then it arrived and the game was a major let down. I must admit I’m one of those rare people that played the Sims … for more than a week and still like it, so u can imagine how shocked I was when I shipped this game out n 2 days I wasted 3hrs of my life I will never get back.
1. The graphics and text sucked, I even tried playing it on our projection screen … only enhanced the crapiness.
2. Instructions please, any good game gives u a small tutorial at the beginning… I ended up skipping my first cut scene w/the elder in the first part due to no instructions and I killed those two thugs harassing the guess who partial instructor person because I didn’t know I could reverse my sword…. I was going to go all Kenshin <3
3. No structure you just run around setting off random cut scenes… seriously cut scenes….
4. I’m a patient gamer, I never get angry at loading scenes are anything but this game didn’t even last 48hrs in my possession
5. Rent at your own risk, unless you’re a diehard fan, I really don’t see any use and sucking down all the wasted megabytes
I think they need to hook up w/the writers from KOTOR and come out with a good samurai game, fingers crossed
LOUD DREAMER OUT