gamers (100%) found this review helpful
When it was announced that the release date for Watchdogs was pushed back, it made me a little nervous. Now that the game is finally here, I'm ok with having to wait, because it is an incredibly well done game. I went ahead and bought the game and I'm happy I did.
- Immersive gameplay
- Hacking the world around you is a lot of fun (messing with traffic lights to create accidents, etc)
- Can either do missions stealthy or run in guns blazing
- Combat is well done, both shooting and melee
- Weapon selections
- Incredibly detailed open world
- Plenty of things to keep you occupied outside of the main campaign
- Little details, such as being able to hack road signs to make them say different things. Adds nothing to the story, but is a fun detail
- Graphics aren't the best I've seen on the XboxOne
- Driving takes a bit to get used to, the handling is odd at first
- Can freerun, but can't jump
- Run into a couple of glitches in missions where the checkpoint was there, but was not interactive. Not a game ruining issue, but still frustrating having to start a mission over
Long Story Short:
If you're a fan of games such as Assassins Creed, and cover based shooters, you will like this game. The city they created is detailed and fun to explore the different districts, and the storyline seems interesting so far (not incredibly original, but not overly cliche either). I'm happy having bought the game, but for those who don't want to buy, make a point to at least try it, as it is a great new game that you'll have a lot of fun with.
Once again I got my hopes up for a true next-gen caliber game that would be so fun I'd lose track of time, but alas my hopes were not quite met.
The Xbox 1 and PS4 version of watchdogs are basically just a texture, and frame rate upgrade.
This is no doubt a "good game" but once again the game developers are catering to the old consoles, after spending $500 on a new system I don't think it's right to get nearly the same version of the game as what is played on $100 old POS system. Not to be elitist, the 360 was a fine system a few years ago. In my opinion the 360 and PS3 versions should be a different version of the game- like 2006-2011 Wii games of the same name were not even the same game as their PS3, or 360 versions.
I find the game fun, better than most. Objectively as a game it is definitely a very good title. If you enjoy open world/sandbox type of games then you will definitely enjoy!
I am somewhat biased since I got both a PS4, and an Xbox1 upon release.... And I'm just not getting the caliber of games that we were promised when spending all that money