Rent Tomb Raider: Legend for Xbox 360
view large frontback

Tomb Raider: Legend

Not Rentable
Also on:PS2, GC, PSP Games, GBA, DS, Xbox

New!Available For Download:PC 

GF Rating

5064 ratings

Critic & User Reviews

GF Rating

Very Good

Return to the roots

posted by Chrono1632 (VANCOUVER, WA) Apr 12, 2006

Member since Apr 2006

37 out of 41 gamers (90%) found this review helpful

This newest installment in the tomb raider franchise is in my opinion one of the best. Clocking in at around 6-7 hours its short, but very sweet. 85% of the game is set inside ancient tombs and ruins (where it should be), and the other 15% is places like tokyo, and some small deserted towns. The games weak point is its gun play. You mainly just aim and fire, and they die. Putting that negative aspect aside. climbing falling ruins, and dodging booby traps is still as fun as it was in the original tomb raider with one major improvement... THE CONTROLS ARE ACTUALLY GOOD! do yourself a favor and rent this beautiful game.

Was this review helpful? Report Abuse

GF Rating


A new adventure awaits you!

posted by Funfactor (Cypress, CA) Apr 15, 2006

Member since Sep 2005

46 out of 53 gamers (87%) found this review helpful

Tomb Raider Legend takes you back to the good old days of the first tomb raider with fantastic locations to perform more amazing acrobatics and provides a somewhat short but definitely fun filled adventure in the process. The game play mechanics which have hindered past Tomb Raider games have been, for the most part fixed, allowing you to enjoy the game on a much higher level without having to worry about lining up to hit a jump just right. My only complaints about the game are the somewhat weak gun play with enemies and that the game could have been longer. Game play variety within each level does drive this game in a positive direction. Taking from past games such as Shenmue there are points during cut scenes where you must quickly press a button on the controller to successfully complete a move or you will see yourself die in extravagant fashion. The puzzle solving in this game is fairly easy once you do a couple and get the routine down of how each is set up. Any experienced gamer can go through this game in about 5 to 7 hours. The variety of things to unlock will keep die-hard players coming back for more. You can unlock new outfits and more as you play levels and beat them meeting a certain criteria. I highly recommend this game to all for it's easy to pick up and play mechanics and awesome gameplay throughout each level.

Was this review helpful? Report Abuse

GF Rating

Very Good

Visually awesome, and gameplay massively improved.

posted by tripeh3lix (LANCASTER, CA) Apr 12, 2006

Member since Dec 2005

13 out of 15 gamers (87%) found this review helpful

Ok, all I have to say is that this game is really cool. I loved every inch of it , by the music, the graphics, and the voice acting wasn't bad either. But the complaints I see are on the shortness of the game, because the previous ones were based on the legthiness of them. Well it was kind of a dissappointment, but there is alot of replay value. So thats a plus. Visually 8/10 could be a little better specially for a next gen. Story, 6/10. Could have added something more, but was still great. Acting, is pretty nice, so I give it a 9/10. And the gameplay, is very well improved , which is a big plus. So its a 8/10. I give this game an 8.

Was this review helpful? Report Abuse