gamers (100%) found this review helpful
This is one of the best flight simulators i have played in a very long time. I dont know why people give it a bad review. It has its parts that make you wanna pull out your hair but that is the point of video games. To make you work through challenges. The last level is just ridiculous but it was fun when i finally got through it. I like the features such as landing and taking off and controlling UAVs and AC-130s. This is definitely a buy for me but if your not sure just rent it first. What do u have to lose?
posted by FenixQns (PORT WASHINGTON, NY) Mar 17, 2011
Member since Jul 2010
gamers (89%) found this review helpful
If you rent this game you will be bored senseless. There is no sense of excitement or urgency like there was with the first game. Remember the first mission in HAWX? When the marines were getting through the town? How great was that. Now imagine none of that excitement in this game.
The list of cons far outweighs the pros. Suspending the fact that your fighter carries 80 missles here is a short list of what I didnt like.
- Friendly Fighter AI is buffoonish and weak. It takes up to 10 missles for them to take down one enemy.
- Friendly AI in general is moronic. During one mission I was escorting DESTROYERS, they were being fired upon by gun placements on hills. They turned to me to destroy them, somehow forgetting that they have MASSIVE CANNONS onboard that could wipe out Rhode Island with one shot.
- Story line is LAME, I honestly have no idea what happened.
- Cut scenes cant be skipped
- Enemy fighters have nearly an unlimited amount of flares and can change directions on a dime.
- SPOILER ALERT - I think we've all had enough with the flying into a tunnel to destroy the crazy badguy.
- Lasers, seriously! Freaking Laser Beams! DoubleU Tee Ef!
- Its fun to break the sound barrier
- Vapor trails are nicely done