posted by Stefan1313 (SAINT CHARLES, IL) Apr 2, 2011
Member since Nov 2010
gamers (75%) found this review helpful
This is the best Tiger Woods yet. For the fact that the MOVE controller is so Accurate!! I have been playing Tiger Woods since 2003. It used to be no problem hitting 25 under par! LOL! That was a joke. Who does that? Now with the move you can actually see the learning curve which is what a game is all about. That is what hooks you. My first 18 I hit +15 LOL! I went on the in game range and practiced my swinging. You gotta really pretend you are hitting a real ball! Your swing must be precise or you will mess up. That is a good thing. Lots of fun when you start seeing yourself do better. I chipped in a eagle today and it felt GREAT! I really was happy because of how hard I practiced to get it. If you play golf this is a must have with the MOVE controller. I will never play Tiger Woods without the MOVE again. I kept my copy right away. Get out there and hit some BALLS!!!!
gamers (100%) found this review helpful
Like Madden, the Tiger franchise had become very stale and less innovating with every release. Unlike Madden, the new release, The Masters, improves vastly on previous titles.
What I like: - The Road to the Masters. The new career mode is awesome. Just about everything is improved from past incarnations, with two features adding to realism: The Masters is the ultimate goal, and I like the ranking system that I don't remember being in previous titles.
- The gameplay. This year seems vastly improved and more realistic from past titles. It doesn't feel as arcade like. I don't know if it will change as I progress, but putt preview is something that I've noticed to be in very limited use. This makes reading the greens important since you don't get to preview the putt. The gameplay all around just seems much better and more real.
- The caddy. He can be annoying sometimes, but I welcome this addition. He gives good and bad advice, so you have to know when you can trust his advice and when it's a good idea to listen to your instincts.
- Jim Nantz and the commentary. Finally it feels like I'm playing a golf game with real commentators. SVP was fine for the game before, but he doesn't give commentary.
- The graphics. Not vastly improved, but definitely looks better. As I said, Augusta looks spectacular. Everything looks like it's gone up a notch from previous titles.
What I don't like: - Lots of loading. I had to try and find something truly negative about the game, and there is quite a bit of loading. But the game looks, sounds, and plays so good that it's easy to look past it.
- Players enter events they normally wouldn't, like Tiger in the 'Hawaiian Open'.
Honestly, this game is a buy if you're a golf fan. This game is highly enjoyable to play, and the new career mode is full of tiger blood (win!). Definite rent for casual gamers, definite buy for sports fans.