Calling it a golfing simulator is probably the biggest compliment I can give to this game. I'm not a great golfer and I tend to hook the ball and my swing doesn't have a consistent rhythem. I've played the Wii version of Tiger Woods Golf and I was always shooting great scores. I was expecting pretty much the same with the Move.....ah not so fast. I played the first couple holes and I was hooking the ball and my swing speed was off. Instead of getting frustrated I had a huge smile on my face, because a video golfing game has finally accurately represented what it lacking in my real golf game. So what did I do to improve my swing? Went to the practice range and I have to do this everytime before I play a round in TW12. There are so many things in this game like real golf. Getting it out of the bunkers and landing it soft requires a real bunker swing. In other words you better open up your club face and swing from outside to in or it's going to come out hot or not come out at all. This is a must buy if you own a move and like or love golf. This coming from someone who wasn't a big fan of TW golf games or video golf games in general. Absolutely awesome!
Well this is my first review so here goes. This si by far the best Tiger Woods game yet. I have owned several titles in the series and rented even more. Tiger 12 has something for every one. If you want to use unlimited putt previews and power shots just choose the easiest difficulty. If you want to use the focus system and precision putting nthen go higher on the difficulty scale and if you absolutely want the closest thing to real golf you're going to get without the striped pants use the move. I have done them all and either like the unlimited stuff of the easy mode or the all out sim of using the move. No middle ground here. Plus i really enjoy the new career mode. So here are my scores:
1. Graphics- 9- Really good considering it's golf and there ain't a whole lot going on.
2. Sound- 8- Commentary is good and ambient sounds are realistic. The only thing is the caddy chatter but you can just skip it.
3. Playability - 9- Very easy to play with the controler. A little more hard with the move due to the realism.
4. Control- 9- With controller. 10- with the move, for better or worse the most control you will have with a golf game.
5. Fun Factor - 9- This game is very fun to me but that is because I like golf. If this is your firstgolf game or it's not your cup of tea rent it. Otherwise this a solid purchase.