posted by Kat_a_ttack (SAN FRANCISCO, CA) Dec 29, 2012
Member since Dec 2012
I just finished this game, so I'm a little sentimental over here. Where do I start? I love the graphics. You definitely feel like a graphic novel has come to life. The writing is amazing. I really became attached to the characters. The types of action are well space. Another great thing is this game is so story-driven that another person can watch you play and not be bored. I just really want 5 more episodes to be released right now. (I played all 5 episodes released.)
In my opinion, it's better described as a narrative that's sometimes interrupted by gamelike events. If you're really into the Walking Dead universe, by all means give this a rent. If not, then you'll find all of the characters to be painfully one dimensional, and the plot twists lackluster and drawn out.
Despite the warning that is presented at the beginning of each episode which suggests your decisions carry significant weight and drastically change the course of the story, they really don't. Sure, there may be some minor variance here and there, but ultimately not a thing changes.
It is, however, one of the easiest platinum trophies to achieve. If that's your only goal, then go ahead and pick this up, and don't forget to get the Hannah Montana game while you're at it (who am I kidding, you already have it, don't you?).
posted by NascarEngineer (MOORESVILLE, NC) Dec 20, 2012
Member since Dec 2012
PLEASE READ THIS! I PROMISE IT'S WORTH YOUR TIME IF YOU'RE CONSIDERING PLAYING THIS GAME!
I'm going to give you the quickest rundown of this game I can. If you care about the quality of games you rent from Gamefly, I promise you'll appreciate my review of this game.
1) the graphics suck.. this is because they base the game on a "comic" so they can get away with dark black outlines around everything which makes the game atmosphere look like a "comic". to me, this equals bad graphics.
2) The game lags like you're playing MW3 on a dial-up connection. it's absolutely ridiculous. for the quality of the graphics and the fact that you're not playing the game online, there should be ZERO lag. When you play a "campaign" game, the last thing you would expect is for it to lag like you were playing it online with a bad internet connection. Well, this is how The Waling Dead game plays like that the entire time.
3) The game controls are absolutely terrible. I cannot explain this, just rent it from Gamefly and you'll know what I mean and appreciate it. The controls are terribly ridiculous.
4) You DON'T influence the game. Yeah, in between every "episode" you're again reminded that every action you take influences the game... HOWEVER.... that statement is FALSE. I tried and re-tried many scenarios with different answers, and the final outcome is always the same. The idea that your "decisions" throughout the gameplay "influences" the game is 100% NOT TRUE. The game is going programmed to follow a particular route no matter what you do. All you can influence is a very slight aspect of a partial percent of that current response of what character you are talking with in the game.
5) This game is ridiculously overrated. I read all the reviews and was convinced by all the major gaming "reviewers" that The Walking Dead would be a game that I'd remember for the rest of my gaming career. YEAH RIGHT. In my opinion, this game is NOT worth playing at all.