First, I'm not rating this game on it's graphics or on its online play. But the controls, game play, story line and replay value.
-First the good: THE WALKING DEAD is the true KING OF THE HILL. When it comes to survival horror. This is what RESIDENT EVIL used to dream about delivering to us the hardcore fans.
This release is two steps up game play wise from last Walking Dead game to released via Telltale games.
In this installment:
- Controls are easy to understand
-it's all about survival. No looking for money to buy improved weapons
- No increasingly strange bosses to fight
- It's all about GAS, FOOD and AMMO.
- Not since the PS2 game MANHUNTER has it been this much fun to smash something with a hammer.
-AI doesn't have to go out on missions with you.
- Title was wasted on 1st person perspective.
- No save points- Levels are too hard without being able to help for yourself.
-Mapping system is weak. A GPS style would serve gamers better.
- Not enough weapons early out. Like a machete would have been nice.
-You can never clear an area. WALKERS keep showing up.
- Not enough health drinks or food.
This installment of THE WALKING DEAD is not a run and gun title. It takes patience. You have to watch the WALKERS and see their pattern.
-If a WALKER doesn't see you, it will continue doing whatever it was doing.
-Any noise brings WALKERS, makes it a heft challenge to get through once they hear you.
-Once three WALKERS get hold of you, it's pretty much over.
-Only reason I'm not rating this game 8 or 9. Is that it's a 1st person game with no manual save points.
- The younger the gamer the more they care about the graphics or on line play. I don't.
This Game is worth playing even for those like me that prefer 3rd person, like me. And it's worth more than a 4.9 in ratings. A sure renter that will keep you waiting for the next season of The Walking Dead.
sure this game could have been better but i find it to be a pretty good, intense first addition...... it had me on the edge quite a few times, i would recommend a try if your a fan. I just cant wait to save all the survivors and get unlimited ammo. It will be a party then oh yea!...try it!