gamers (85%) found this review helpful
First the game is not trying to beat Gran Turismo or Forza for best racing game. It's not strictly about racing like other racing genre games are. I like to think of it as a driving game. A MMO Driving game. Sure there are races in the game but it's just as fun to explore the islands and go cruising around.
If your a hardcore racing game fan you might as well stick to Forza or w/e you prefer. If your a gamer like me who enjoyed the first TDU then you'll probably like this one as well.
- The cars graphics are actually not that bad considering how much there is going on with the huge open world islands, Ibiza and Oahu. Plus to me graphics never make a game. They can make it better but they never ruin a game totally because of bad graphics.
- The amount of cars is not as much as other racing game but in TDU2 each car really does feel different. There's Asphalt, Offroad, and Classic cars and each have a license you need to obtain before doing the race series. By far the most annoying part of the gameplay is obtaining these licenses. I think they wanted to give each car a category and eventually you'll be only driving Asphalt cars but the lower you go from A7 to A1 the better and more luxurious the cars get.
- Handling seems to be a complaint by many but I don't see a problem in it. To me they wanted a mix between realistic and arcade and that's what the games cars drive like.
- Customization was clearly a major focus for this sequel. Customize your in game avatar, your houses, and lastly your cars. I wish it was your cars first because I feel like they gave us more options to customize character stuff then car stuff. Still it's a pretty nice system overall and there's a lot there to unlock and work with. (Though Forza's car customization still stands as king)
- Online. This game had some massive server issues and after following the forums and posts by GMDestra they are working hard on fixing these issues.
gamers (71%) found this review helpful
Yes the servers being messed up is a set back but if you loved the first one like i did, you'll love this one. the handling is new and takes a bit to get used to and the graphics have been pumped up. You get a new island (Ibiza) and at level 10 you get a revamped Oahu. You start with three cars to choose from and they aren't rentals like in the first one. The game has a story line which is kinda corny and they revamped the cops too. the 9 hits and your busted is gone and now you have a more free "busted bar" that fills up after alot of hits but running red lights and stop signs count. (this is only when cops are around) All together, corny story line, fun cars, new handling, new island and revamped graphics.
posted by SinisterC (JACKSONVILLE, FL) Feb 24, 2011
Member since Feb 2011
gamers (70%) found this review helpful
Serious let down ,the game had been out for two weeks and I still can't play wit friends but thanks to gamefly I only rented this over hyped disappointment of a game. Great idea,free roam racer with customizing and a deep multiplayer, ride with friends show off your mansion ect. BUT none off that works ,so we are left a bad racing game with poor physics ,little actual racing and the worst voice acting ever.but bad games make u appreciate good ones. This is the worst game I have played all year without a question.