Cheats, Codes & FAQs
Comix Zone Cheats (Japanese version only)
For cheats in Comix Zone, go to the jukebox and play these numbers. Use the X button to play the music tracks.
- Invinicibilityplay 3-12-17-2-2-10-2-7-7-11
- Level Selectplay 14-15-18-5-13-1-3-18-15-6, then highlight either 1-6 and press X to select your stage.
Debug - S3K
Start a 1-player game on AIZ and grab a swing.While swinging, press left left left right right right up up up. You will hear a ring sound if entered correctly. Then pause and press A to return to the title screen. Press down twice to highlight the sound test you unlocked and press start. Select Mushroom Hill and do the same thing on the first thing you can hang on to (like the swing vines in AIZ). Do the same 3 left 3 right 3 up pause and press A. Go to the sound test and simply hold down A while selecting a level. Also while on level select, press C to change character. 00 = Sonic & Tails 01 = Sonic 02 = Tails 03 = Knuckles
Debug Mode (Knuckles in Sonic the Hedgehog 2)
In the Level Select menu, go down to Sound Test and play the tunes in this order: 1,9,9,4,1,0,1,8. You'll hear a chime like when you get a ring to know you did it right.
Finish Game (Sonic 3D)
If you use the level select cheat (At Press Start bit press A B Right B X Up Down B then press start on start game) then start the final fight and then press start and then B and the game will do its ending sequence
- At Press Start bit press A B Right B X Up Down B then press start on start gameLevel Select
- In Final Fight START then BFinish game
Flicky Level Select
This can be activated when you start a game.
- Start a game and hold Up, A, X, and Start. When Round 1 appears release the buttonsLevel Select
Knuckles in Sonic 2 Debug Code
The debug code for Sonic 2 and Knuckles is different to normal Sonic 2. When in the level select screen, which is accessed by pressing Up (x3), Down(x3), Left, right, left, right, then holding the button which is the equivalent of the Mega drive A Button and pressing start, go to the sound test section and play the following sounds, using the Mega Drive B button:
1, 9, 9, 4, 1, 0, 1, 8
Then select the level you wish to debug and hold the mega drive A button, then press start. The Debug controls are:
Mega Drive A: Cycle sprites
Mega Drive B: Toggle between knuckles and sprite
Mega Drive C: Place sprite in level
Level Select Codes
Enter the codes below to select the level in various Sonic games:
- While on options screen enter: B, DOWN, A, DOWN, X, DOWN, B, A, UP, B, X, UP, A, X, UPNew Level Select for Sonic Spinball
- On the ''Press Start'' screen, press A, B, Right, B, X, Up, Down, B, StartSonic 3D Blast Level Select.
- At the title screen hit: Up, Down, Left, Right. Then hold B and press Start to acess the level select listSonic the Hedgehog Level Select
Sonic 2 codes
- At the title screen, press Up, Up, Up, Down, Down, Down, Up, and a sound will occurChange Tails' name to Miles (vice versa on Japanese version)
- Go to the sound test options, and play 01, 01, 02 and 04. Then press start.14 continues
Sonic The Hedgehog- Debug Mode
After performing the Level Select code (up, down, left, right, B+Start), go back to the game title
with Z. During the title screen, push up, X, down, X, left, X, right, X, then B+Start. Pick a level
and push B+Start to begin. The debug mode should be active. Push A to enter/exit the mode,
B to swap items, and X to place them.
Sonic The Hedgehog 2 on the sound test screen, play sounds in the following order- 19, 65, 9, 17 then keep pressing a+start simultaneously. You may be taken into the first level but keep on doing it, you will be taken to a stage select screen.
Super Knuckles (Knuckles in Sonic the Hedgehog 2)
In the Level Select menu, go down to Sound Test and play the tunes in this order: 1,6,7,7,7,2,1,6. You'll hear a chime like when you get a chaos emerald to know you did it right.