posted by beyondthes (SPOKANE VALLEY, WA) Sep 20, 2009
Member since Sep 2009
i was excited to play the game but after playing for 2 hours i never wanted to see the game again. i was massively dissapointed with the storyline. i was also confused even after playing adventure battle 2 and sonic heroes.
My problem with Shadow the Hedgehog isn’t the fact that he uses guns or swears or anything related to that at all. My problem with this game is that it’s one of the most un-fun and agonizingly bad games I’ve ever had the misfortune to play. Here are some of my major grievances:
1. You’re slow. Maybe not compared to other video game characters, but compared to the speed of other 3-D Sonic games you move quite slow. If you attempt to race to the end of the levels like most people are prone to do, you are constantly stopped by random falling objects, obstacles, enemies, etc. There is almost no sense of speed in this game at all, and if you get going at a good pace, often-times you end up falling to your death because of the awful controls.
2. Voice-acting. It’s atrocious.
3. The missions. You can complete either good, neutral, or evil goals for each level. The neutral goal is just to reach the end of the level, and the good/evil ones are along the lines of “Kill all the enemies” or “Find/destroy 5 thingies” They’re all very mundane and often times frustrating, because you often have to back-track to find everything you have to kill and regardless of whose side you’re on EVERYTHING attacks you.
4. The weapons are awkward to use and the vehicles are virtually pointless. Sonic games should be about running and blasting through enemies, not stopping every few feet to shoot things.
5. The endings. I don’t understand why anyone would want to beat the game multiple times to get an ending which only varies very , very slightly from all the other ones. You beat a boss, get a chaos emerald, Shadow says two or three lines, the end. It’s awful payoff.
6. I’d to say the graphics are some of the worst I’ve seen on the GameCube. They’re worse then Sonic Adventure 2, and that was on the Dreamcast.
Anyway, in short, don't buy, rent, play, or go anywhere near this game. It will burn holes in your face.