This game would've been good a few years ago, but the gameplay and graphics are outdated. Maybe it gets its good reviews from The Japanese speaking market or die-hard RE fans. I rarely send a game straight back but this one was a flop for me.
posted by Greywolf_HTAC (FORT HOOD, TX) Aug 3, 2013
Member since Jun 2013
Not even sure what they were shooting for. It was so bad in my opinion I turned it off in the first ten minutes, removed from my PS3 and sent it back to Gamefly. Would give it a zero but Gamefly will not let me. Just think of the 1 as a negative one.
I don't understand how so many people gave this game anything higher than a 5. It truly boggles my mind. This game was truly terrible in almost all aspects.
- Graphics are very poor and all characters feel stiff.
- Voice acting and dialogue is moronic. They talk in monotone and just say very very cheesy things over and over again.
- No run button, strafe extremely slow and not useful. If it was me on that ship, I'd hurry up a bit if there is a huge deformity following me.
- Aiming is poor and slow. While sniper rifle is powerful, it takes forever to get into the zoom mode, so it's not useful in most fights.
- Dodging is very poorly executed, especially when the camera angles are taken into account. You can't see where the enemy is and you have to try and blindly dodge their attack, which is next to impossible most of the time.
- Story was ok, the only reason I actually got to the end, and because there are no other good games out now that I have not played.
- Health items/ammo is in decent supply, did not have a problem with that.
I played this right after Last Of Us, which is one of the best games I have played in a very long time, so perhaps that also soured this game, but truly, this game could have been so much more.