posted by Zero2026 (MONROE TOWNSHIP, NJ) Mar 21, 2012
Member since Aug 2008
Resident Evil 5 meets Left 4 dead and Socom. Don't really expect any survival horror or scares in this game, it's full action. Maybe there are some crescendo points at the campaign mode, but the mood changes online.
- Hardcore fans will be happy to see the zombies back in many groups. They don't run but they can overwhelm in numbers, then of course we have the "good guys" who are armed and get in the way. And classic Boss Battles with characters seen before in the RE Universe.
- Plenty of Characters to Choose from and unlock, of course each of them with their own abilities to use.
- Online gaming is actually fun as long as you have a good set of friends. Teamwork can be actually used to get the objectives in some game modes.
- Online gaming is also a new interesting approach when facing a whole different squad in a world full of zombies and monsters. Give it a try!
- Camera can be tedious, specially in the campaign mode, don't be surprised if you see a teammate getting in the way of the camera, covering 100% of your vision.
- Controls feel too robotic. The run and dive can be very annoying when playing online and the automatic cover can also be a two edged sword at close combat
- Campaign is short.
- Killing a human enemy is very unrealistic and there's no way to see their health.
- Online Melee is highly nerfed and at the same time overpowered. Hard to take down zombies, but if you get attacked by an enemy player, chances are you will be down quickly.
- Feels like there are only 3 types of weapons, handguns, rifles and shotguns. It's hard to tell a difference between their alternate types.
Once you pass over all the few details and get used to the controls you may actually have some fun. Get some friends together and play the online mode. Give it chance, it's a solid RENT! plus remember, no online pass needed!
dont listen to the haters. this game is sweet. i dont get what some people are saying about headshots. ive taken bothe human and zombies out with one shot. and you can take a human out with a few rounds. maybe its because i have the dlc guns. and the controls are perfect no problems here. i guess you cant please everyone but from what i see most people are saying its great. and the critics well you should never listen to them anyway. they tend to hate most games.
posted by steelcity2739 (PITTSBURGH, PA) Mar 21, 2012
Member since Nov 2011
I don't know why people are coming down so hard on this game giving it a 1 or a 2...If you like the Resident Evil series it is a fun game. It's much more enjoyable if you have online because it is more of a multiplayer setup so if you don't I probably wouldn't bother. I did not like the game at first, but you have to give it a chance to grow on you as you find out more of the cool features in the game as you go along. Also, this game is nothing like Resident Evil 5, it's made by a different company, so do not expect that type of play.
You are in a team of 4 four each mission and there is a multitude of character types to pick from that all have different abilities (e.g. thermal vision, item detection, sticky gernades, etc.) that you can purchase with experience you get from doing missions. There are also tons of different weapons you can find or purchase with XP to fight zombies with: gernade launchers, assault shotguns, sniper riles, etc.
The gameplay is also pretty fun considering that you work for umbrella trying to eliminate characters like Leon and other witnesses. You also fight umbrella mercenaries and science experiments along with zombies. If you get bit you can be infected and die and turn into a zombie which I think is pretty cool, but you can pick up antidotes and cure yourself as well.
There are also different multiplayer versus modes where you can battle against other users, and even do things like control a nemisis, which is pretty cool.
In all I give the game a 7 because its definitely not the best game in the world since I've been playing Mass Effect 3 alot haha. However, if you like the series it is a pretty fun game.