Let me preface this by saying I never, NEVER write reviews. I feel compelled for one reason: this game's intriguing premise and complex protagonist are totally wasted on gameplay more boring and tedious than Resident Evil 6 (apparently that is possible).
- Tedious tutorial? Check
- Button-mashing combat system that would make God of War blush? Check
- Wooden character movement that results in countless deaths and endless frustration? Check
- Launched into set pieces with no explanation of what you're supposed to do just so you can die over and over (and over again)? Check
- Lame Quicktime events to defeat one-dimensional bosses? Check
- Worst of all: unique theme that makes you want to endure this snore-fest just to see how it all plays out? Check.
Only reason i gave it a 9 is because the game was super short and i feel like Nilins voice did not match her character what so ever. But good story and awsome game i look forward to seeing more of Nilin!
posted by mtntrekker01 (CHINO HILLS, CA) Jun 17, 2013
Member since Jun 2013
gamers (67%) found this review helpful
The game is so restrictive in terms of where you can go and what you can do. I'm not even sure what skill this game requires, it's button mashing, so-so graphics, and simply not fun (at least in my opinion). It's been awhile since I forced myself to play a game for several hours and just gave up because it was completely non entertaining.