You take a gamble sometimes....sometimes you lose.
posted by Souleater7 (BLUE ISLAND, IL) Jun 22, 2011
Member since Jun 2010
gamers (24%) found this review helpful
I went out on a limb and rented this game. Boy was I let down this game is like a weaker less intresting verison of Final Fantasy Tactics. The sad part about that is that its for PS3! If this game was for the DS it would be a different story ,but come on PS3 is a different league. I mean if your not going to have decent graphics aleast have some good animation. I sometimes like to gamble with games ive never heard about just to see whats out there, but this game has really made me think long and hard about doing that again.
Now this overall is not THAT bad of a game. I don't like the aspect of the japanese interactive story game mixed with a RPG. It took me 3 hours to make ONE choice in the game (there is a love aspect that you have to keep track of too) and at that point I had to send the game back. I make more choices in regular JP interactive games in 30 minutes. I love the voice acting, even if the eng trans is a little off, the soundtrack is superb and I love the title song, and the graphics are really nice. The battle system takes some getting used to as you try to move your character and it goes a different way than you think you're pressing. I had to turn my control so that the left button was in the up position in order to move how I wanted. Now because this is an interactive story RPG, there is a LOT of talking. Enough that you get tired just listening to it. So glad it has an auto play feature. It's unfortunate that this is not an open world game, I may have been able to stand it more, and you only move when you are in the 'outer world' and have to go through designated 'random' battles (which aren't random at all) to advance to the next place with no option to run. Which I guess would defeat the purpose as you listen to a story for 95% of the time and play the other 5% which is the only time you get to do something, even if it is a 'random' battle. So in the end, not a game for me but if you think you can stand playing 5% of the whole game then go right ahead!
i'm a jrpg fanatic but this game was just upsetting
-game requires an insane amount of time
-you have to grind A LOT
-gets extremely repetitive
-same rock track playing in every fight gets irritating, i ended up muting the sound because of this
-obtaining new weapons, skills, and armor takes way too much effort and time
-prepared to be OHKO'd a lot in this game
-game was so hard they had to put free dlc which gave you a bunch of GODLIKE items to make the game much easier
- you can choose a girl to have a romantic relationship if you're into that kinda thing
- people who like anime will be baited into this