gamers (24%) found this review helpful
I was really hoping this would be good as it is the first cross-buy game which means you get a free Vita copy as well with purchase of the PS3 version.
However, I played it and it is only somewhat fun. I blame the camera angles mainly as it shifts perspective and it is really easy to get lost. It isn't a button masher as there is skill to be learned for each character ..... it just wasn't that fun.
At best wait for the bargain bin and buy it.... Unfortunately with the cross-buy system it tracks the disc used to get the Vita copy and can only be used once. So chances are a used copy will already have taken the cross-buy copy.... I think this will be a problem for Gamefly as I could have used the disc and gotten a free Vita copy and returned the game. I'm honest so I didn't do that, but this will bite someone who buys it in the future.
1) at least it isn't a button masher
2) Sony characters & backdrops for the fights
3) environments adjust behind you
1) camera angle changes throughout match and when it switches to a high perspective it is hard to follow
2) just didn't feel fun enough to play more than once