posted by Jhofmann (CRESCENT CITY, CA) Nov 22, 2013
Member since Feb 2011
gamers (67%) found this review helpful
This game I was looking forward too. But when I got it I did the cop and racer training. Started my first event and it froze on me..I restarted the system and tried again it froze on me two more times..Sent back same day.
After the Hot Pursuit and Most Wanted remakes, they decided to take a turn for the worst. Most Wanted wasn't perfect but it was a different turn that actually made good heads, but Rivals, you just went straight down into heck
For one, cops will chase you for no reason, you can just sit there on the side of the road, Oh look a pursuit. Want to play online? Welcome to idiot country where all the high ranks will just run into you and total you.
And the lack of cars, where are they? 23 racer cars and 24 cop cars, excluding the Bugatti, the Hennessey Venom GT, and the Koenigsegg Agera R for racers, wth?
Also, how is a MP4-12C Spyder faster than a 458? A 458 is on par with the Aventador, and also the fact the muscle cares will not steer ONE BIT causing you to mostly overshoot every turn along with your ride scrapping the wall.
The only good part about it is that they brought back being a cop and a new online system, but the map is too small and repetitive. It's like they tried to put Hot Pursuit and Most Wanted together, just to ruin it.
Everything EA touches gets ruined now, all they want is money, and this shows how much they want it, with horrible released games that include no way of trying to please the consumer.
I have loved every NFS game I have ever played, but this, I can't no matter how hard I try. The system is too badly made, there is a huge lack of cars, customization isn't as big as it could be, and they refuse to actually do anything that is truly different from before.
How to ruin a gaming franchise, by EA. How many more are they going to ruin before people start to realize it?
This is not a really bad game its just all these glitches that make the game barely playable. I recommend playing this on a next gen console as some of these glitches are minimal.
This game is like hot pursuit where you have different events to complete. Most are fairly easy with the right car and it doesn't restrict you on what car to use.
Online can be a drag because it wants to throw you into a room with other users but one user will be the host and when that host leaves then everyone freezes and has to reload. Its a major pain when your in the middle of an event and you need to get your senses back when you re-enter the race, oh and you have to start from a dead stop while the AI is pulling away.
Here are some glitches that I've seen that make this game very hard to enjoy.
- The game will momentarily freeze while the environment loads. This is terrible because when your in a time trail event the timer keeps going while your stuck sitting still for 2-3 seconds waiting for the game to catch up.
- AI fodder cars will instantly appear right in your path with no time to dodge them. This occurs with cops, racers and fodder cars. You'll be in first then last the next second near the finish line.
- Framerate decreases to a chug when there's too much on the screen like 5-7 police cars that are trying to wreck you.
- Game tends to crash when you try to do too much too fast. Turn, boost, crash, open menu, etc.
- This is not often but at times when you crash you'll see your car driving on its own for a few seconds in a cutscene then place you back in the race. This shouldn't occur.
- No vulnerability when you respawn, once you respawn your open for any hits which cops wont miss so don't crash in the first place.
Its just these little things that bring this game down. If your in it for trophies then its fairly easy. You just need a friends help to get 2 of them.