gamers (100%) found this review helpful
Alright, I can see many people are bashing the game and you just have to play it for yourself. As it is hard at first, after getting the contols down, it can be a very addicting game! I only have the demo so I have been playing as the lakers for one minute quarters but it is an unbelievably fun game! Just rent it and see for yourself.
Ok so if you are getting this for the Story line mode... DON'T!!! There is none. The overview was written for the PS3 version of this game. There is a franchise mode in the game but, it doesn't really stack up very well.
1. You can get any player you want on you team and you will still lose a sim game against a scrub team. I put Chris Paul, a 92 rated rookie sg, Lebron James, Amare Stodimare, and Dwight Howard together as my starting 5. I also had a deep bench with players ranked in mid 80's. I then sim'd a season and only won 45 games.
2. it’s too easy to get star talent on you team. All you really have to do is watch the injure report and when someone you want scraps his knee or gets a splinter you can work a trade for him. All the cpu see is you want to trade for a D ranked player. Not that Dwight Howard Jammed his finger during a game so he may sit out the next one.
3. The Coaching sliders don't seem to have any effect.
4. 189 CLE to 195 BOS in sim'd 4 min quarters. Absolutely ridiculous.
5. CPU does not sub its players. What’s the point of turning on fatigue if your players can go a whole game without any ill effects... Any fan of a basketball sports games knows the when to or not to sub issue adds to the dynamics of the game.
6. Can't create or edit players. Draft a 6'8" PF you think will be better at the 3. You can't edit any of his info. Want to put yourself into the game. Sux to be you.
All in all its an ok game if you have nothing else to play but with no real story and IMO a broken franchise mode you're just stuck playing exhibition games against the CPU.
I got this game because I haven't been using my PSP much lately. I got it today and am returning it tomorrow. It is unplayable. You can't take a jump shot, lay-up, hook shot or fall away without the computer blocking it (and this was on easy). At least the developers didn't only give this wonderful ability to the computer, they give it to you too allowing for an amazing defensive battle.