posted by DINGLExBERRY (LAS VEGAS, NV) Jul 29, 2014
Member since Jun 2012
What the title says. There's nothing really great about this game.
- The graphics are above par but still just "ok";
- the gameplay is repetitive and somewhat boring with minimal action and the little bit of action that IS there (fighting demons) is more of a nuisance than anything else - it's mostly focused on you walking around and finding things, that's basically >90% of the game;
- plenty of glitches - some ghost characters would not talk (no sound), my "current objective" in the clues menu was stuck at "find the witness" THE ENTIRE GAME;
- at times cheesy;
- very little to do in the game besides the main story;
- overall feels more like an interactive movie (go here, press this, etc.) than a game - absolutely no skill required (except for being smart about how to approach demons from behind).
- The story is mediocre overall and fairly emotionless but the ending has more of a "twist" than I expected, which was nice (I expected a twist, but my guess of the end was not entirely correct, it turned out to be much more elaborate - though definitely rushed, not much of a resolution going on);
- the game has a sense of creepiness that could pass it as a horror game - I enjoyed the small ghost stories from side quests (collecting all of the particular items), they were legitimately creepy.
I finished it because I already started playing the game and wanted to know how it would end, but I was really just trying to "hurry up" and finish it, which tells you that the experience is not exactly enjoyable.