posted by megaaustin (COSTA MESA, CA) Mar 31, 2012
Member since Aug 2011
gamers (100%) found this review helpful
- You can create your own track, karts, and avater with lot's of tools to use
- You can also share and load new tracks, karts, and avater
- easyer to create stuff
- great use of gps and near on the vita ( you get stuff to put on your create)
- Great use of the touch screen and rear touch pad
- You can download tracks, karts, and avater from psvita and ps 3 players
- No online play
- No story in carear mode
- No motion control
ModNation Racers Road Trip is a toss-up for the best racing game on the PS Vita, however that also isn't saying much when compared to the likes of Ridge Racer or Asphalt Adrenaline.
It is much less "don't blink" than Wipeout 2048, which enables much more of the "casual" gameplay that is ideal on a portable.
The problem is that the game just doesn't seem "finished".
That is not to say that the tracks aren't good, and that you have full access to the many available tracks online that have been built for the PS3 version, but there seems to be a whole lot of things "missing" from this version that feel as though they should be there. And I am not talking about things that are in the PS3 version, but things that should be in any racing game.