I gave up on the HD collection just minutes into cause for me the sensitivity on the assault rifles was absurd. I couldn't take aim w/o taking a shot and giving away my position in a game where stealth is very important giving away you location in such a matter was unacceptable. Maybe it was cause my 360 controllers were haggard to the point where the pressure sensitivity wasn't there and was giving me issues. Either way was disappointed, and gave up. At least I still have a working copy of mgs3 for my ps2 I can enjoy. Best bet if you enjoyed this game before . . . buy it for the original format cause it blows on 360. You mean I get to trade mildly better graphics for horrible control and playability . . . AWESOME!
I have a 360 so was left in the cold when Snake Eater came out. I had a bad disc from gamefly, but after the Install to HDD trick got it running...
I played for one hour, and really really did try and like it.
- Insanely long dialogs that might be interesting if they weren't so slow
- Terrible graphics and textures
- horrible camera angles and blind corners
- a basically scripted path you must follow to get anywere
- really bad dialog right at the start of the game
- impossible to sneak up on enemies
- insanely slow action
Basically, I remember loving 2, but could not force myself to even sort of get into 3. Still have hope for the new one, but had to return this. It was really very bad.