This game is not worth purchase, and probably not even worth renting. It is complete trash.
After playing ME2 (which I enjoyed greatly) ME3 was a slap in the face. From its meager game play to its lame cultural agenda it is something I could do without in my games.
In ME2 "Shepard" (selected female) plays a strong role, be it paragon or renegade, that has a great freelance RPG flow. While in ME3 "Shepard" is a complete Emo and spends the entire game on the verge of a break down as her biological clock races to its finish... much as I wish this game would have.
In ME2 "extra social activities" between cast members were part of a laundry list of possible things to do.
ME3 is more like SIMs in Space and you are pushed almost at the opening scene to deal directly with the subject throughout the game.
- Graphics actually looked a step backwards to me during scripted conversations.
- Game play remained similar
- No more mining of planets, which is a positive or negative depending on how you played ME2
- Expanded Character Skill System (yes, your maxed out BA from ME2 sucks again)
- AI is still mind numbing and squad mates have random "alistar moments"
- Dream sequences are lame
- Stop with pay to play your games online pass stuff, add that to having pay for DL content the day the game is released?
EA games , and others that are doing the same no mater how much I look forward to them, are just not going to make it to my purchase, or rent list anymore.
I would have given this game a 1 but gave it a 2 instead because I wanted to credit EA with such breakthroughs as, getting the name of the game right, allowing the import of characters, because it is Wednesday.
- an Alistar moment refers to the character Alistar in the game Dragon Age, who despite whatever setting you put his AI at, would charge to his death almost immediately once combat began.