posted by BigBean92 (WEST COVINA, CA) Jun 25, 2006
Member since Jun 2006
gamers (100%) found this review helpful
Honestly....i can't wait until Madden 2007 comes out...this game will keep you into it...and will keep you occupied for about 2 months at the most...still trying to find new moves and how to master this game...trust me Rent, Like it, and Rent it Again!! Aha aha...I give it a 7 out of 10 because it does keep you occupied but only for a short 2 months... I would like to find a challenge though...I'm The best at this game!!
This game is a step backwards in quality from the previous version.
Subtitle: EA is using exclusivity of NFL license to limit competition in order to cover up for slipping production values.
1) The addition of vision and precision passing makes the quarterback position more tightly linked to the skill of the user.
2) The superstar mode is an interesting addition. Seeing the game from this perspective is interesting.
1) Control scheme is far too complex. With each new feature (playmaker, truck stick, and QB vision), new controls are added. Eventually, there is simply too much to do, too many buttons to push and hold in combos with dual thumbstick control schemes. The game becomes frustrating at that point. A more useful approach to additional features would be to allow the user to customize tendencies for a specific player that would automate the use of new features on a player by player basis, taking into account the skill of the player (not the user).
2) Quality... mainly lacking in the audio department. The effects and music are good, however, placement and loading schemes seem sophomoric at best. The commentary engine places inappropriate comments all over the place rather frequently. When coming back from a game to the superstar menu, a song is chosen, 2 seconds are played, then another song is chosen. Other quality issues are also present in the superstar mode. The email/mentor system is downright lacking in content, as well as repopulating messages you've already seen and deleted.
3) Minicamp... hasn't kept up with new features. The original introduction of minicamp (2004 version) was spectacular and taught many aspects of the new features introduced in 2004. The QB game is so radically different that an entirely new series of mini camps should have been introduced.
4) Superstar mode... practice & gameplan sections... while an interesting concept, become horrifically repetitive.
Alright for everyone who thinks madden is the best game ever, here is my take. The graphics appear not to be the best, I feel madden has looked the same since Sega Genesis. Will they ever make a good game with excellent graphics. I mean you know that's the reason they bought out ESPN NFL 2K, because they couldn't keep up with not only the graphics but the price was unbeatable compared to the 40-50 for Madden games. Perhaps Madden looks better on other Systems like the 360 and PS3 but not Xbox, PS2, and others.