1) This is a cliched, convoluted and boring story.
2) A timed game forcing you to rush through and not enjoy one of the more open worlds offered of the three series.
3) Offers an action combat system is button mashing switching back and forth while the infernal bonk,bonk,bonk shrieks at you.
4) Tons of spells but no healing spells offered? Maybe I didn't play through long enough, but my eyes were bleeding.
5) All NPC's are now World of Warcraft characters? Where is Mankriks wife? Fetch quests and killing ten rats...been there, done that.
6) And Lightning looked out of proportion with her peglegs. Didn't even look right in all these weird outfits you had to play Barbie with. If I am forced to play Barbie, let the woman look like a woman please.
Do yourself a favor, pass on the whole Fabula Nova Crystallis series and wait for the remake of FFX and FFX-2 (the original FF barbie dress up game.) These two go back to the heyday of the franchise and offers tons more depth.
And where were the summons?
I am a FF collector and have many games in the series. One day I know I will be forced to buy this one, but it will be at a deep, deep discount out of the discount bin.
Exactly where I found FFXIII and FFXIII-2.
If FFXV doesn't absolutely blow my doors off I am going to turn my back on the whole franchise altogether.
In a series that seems to pride itself on nonsense, this one takes the taco. I just can't find anything redeeming about it at all. Just truly totally awful. This is the first final fantasy game that I will be unable to complete.
posted by chefred67 (INDIANAPOLIS, IN) Feb 18, 2014
Member since Sep 2009
gamers (50%) found this review helpful
When I saw the trailers I was very excited for the game. I still had my excitement even after playing it. The visuals are great, the combat is fast paced and fun. The different outfits and their abilities reminded me of X-2 ( which was one of my top 5 FF games) and it made it more strategic then fashionable.
That is where the positive ends though. The mission where very time consuming and unwanted. Paired with the fact that the only way to increase your stats was to do these missions. You don't get any experience from enemies that you will fight ALOT. Which leaves your limited time grinding on many gathering missions only to get minor stat increases. Seeing as how the main mission of the game is to gather souls I found myself only able to collect 1 to 2 souls each in-game day, thus not making much progress. The storyline also seemed kind of rushed and thrown at you to try and understand.
On a side note the community messages are a nice touch. People sharing funny moment and showing off their build is a very fun addition. All-in-all the beautiful visuals and great combat are the high point, but the limited time grinding and the rushed storyline keep this game from being only a renting title.