Let's Tap is a Nintendo Wii game that makes you place your Wiimote on a box (I used a tissue box) and use your fingers to tap to a variety of games.
The game is a lot more fun when playing with family and friends.
There's 5 games you can select from in the main menu once you finish the brief tutorial:
1. Tap Runner: Tap your character to run and jump over obstacles, more tracks unlock as you progress. It's a little bit of fun.
2. Rhythm Tap: My favorite game mode in which there are 16 songs in total (4 to start with) in which you tap to the beat. Most of the songs are quite catchy and fun to play! You need to score a grade C or higher in order to unlock more songs. There's 3 different tap icons, corresponding to what kind of tap you need to do. It's a little similar to Donkey Konga, so if you liked that game, you will enjoy this mode.
3. Silent Blocks: It's basically Jenga. Select a block by tapping, and then slowly tap to remove the block. Players alternate turns.
4. Bubble Voyager: A side-scroller shooting game. Do a heavy tap to fire a bullet, lightly tap to progress and collect energy.
5. Visualizer: Tap and see different effects show up on screen.
So the reason why it's a perfect rental game is because there's not much else to the game besides these 5 game modes, and some are more fun than others but won't keep you entertained that long. I wish there was more things to do in the game, maybe a sequel could improve on this concept. It's a great game to play over a weekend.
posted by edzoologis (ALEXANDRIA, KY) Sep 14, 2009
Member since Jul 2009
I am really surprised. When I got this game, I thought it was going too frustrate me with control issues. But the exact opposite happened. Rather than finding a game that will bore and frustrate me, I found a fun game with plenty of stuff to do. Now, I will review the games in the order they are in on the menu screen.
Tap Runner:It's a basic platformer with a new twist. The controls are basically tap lightly to run, tap heavily to jump. It's that simple. As you progress in the game you will find other obstacles in your way. They range from Hurdles, to electric balls, to branching pathways, to springs, and to escalators. This was the best game in the collection.
Rhythm Tap:This game is basically a Guitar Hero clone. You tap at different levels for the different collored orbs(Light=Blue, Medium=Green, Heavy=Red). The only problem is, you can never judge power. It was a fun game, but it was the second worst on the collection as well.
Silent Blocks-It's a fun puzzle game. It is simple but fun. Its the middle game on the collection.
Bubble Voyager-This game is a fun shoot em' up similar to Galaga in the single player mode. But in the multiplayer mode, it is like Asteroids. It is the second best game in the entire collection.
Visualizer-This is the worst game on the collection. It is more of a relaxation tool than anything. It basically controls like this, you tap and things happen on the screen. That is all. It is a boring game, but it is also the most beautiful game on the collection.
So what is my final verdict? Buy the game. You will have a blast playing the single player and a ton of fun with friends.
gamers (100%) found this review helpful
the idea was genius the game not so much. the game seemed like a test to see if the whole tapping concept would work. make sure uyou have a wiimote cover and a shoebox to play the game on. with out the cover it alway told me i was tapping to hard because the wiimoe would roll every where. im not saying the game was bad. but if it would have had normal wii controls it would've gotten a 1.