gamers (40%) found this review helpful
Here lies the Zelda series. Once a free roaming sandbox style adventure... It has been reduced to gimmick status.. This game would have gotten a much higher rating but alas for the controls which are hit and miss(mostly miss)... This game has made the following offenses:
1. The has never had a character creation function which has always held it back in my book.
2. Gimmicky motion controls which don't always respond the way you want, and swinging the Wii-mote feels silly and it hurts the arm(causing stress injuries to the player's arm is never good)!
3. Bully tactics by either Nintendo operatives(posing as fans) or the fans themselves who try to pressure you into buying the game(good thing for gamefly). Imagine a game series that can actually be ruined by the rabid fan base that pressures you into to a purchase!
4. insane linearity( zelda got its start as a fairly somewhat open ended sandbox style adventure[yes I still think the 8-bit original version is better than this)!
5. FI - She tells you everthing yoyu already know! Nintendo insults the players intelligence even when we do brake down to actually play the game... I feel sorry for those that made the blind purchase!
6. Flying controls are questionable as the land controls are better using the directional stick( shaking the Wii-mote to flap the bird's wing is just plain silly!)
7. Combat is hit and miss due in part to the controls which makes simple encounters more complicated than it otherwise has to be.
8. watching the let's plays of this game on youtube you actually see the games repetitive pattern in the game's quest line up...
9. dowsing is not very reliable as you will eventually figure it out bon your own(which is actually faster in some cases)!
Finally the Game's own designer had trouble with the controls at E3, so why doesn't Nintendo use the classic conbtroller for the Wii? Yet this game uses Wii motion plus ONLY! Try before you buy! You have been warned!